Thursday, September 30, 2010

When it is more economical to fail

Photobucket


Each day more and more of the future are planned and laid before me. Each day it becomes clearer on how things will be. The clearer it is, the more comfortable I am.

National Service is just one month away, where all of these dynamics in the civilian world will suddenly be made irrelevant. But that does not mean I'll accept flawed policies even for this short amount of time.

It is important to get things right now, so that I have a working blueprint to work on interactions within the Army. Also, it ensures that I get the most out of remaining month as a civilian.

Things are slowly changing, with most of them starting within me, which in turn will provide the necessary infrastructure for changes elsewhere.

It was good to have known that the old system failed. The knowledge of this failure suddenly made crafting an entirely new system an economical choice.

The end product will be radically different from things now. I cannot say it'll be better, but at least it'll be without the basic flaws the old system had. At most I'll dump the new system and make one all over again.

Sure, this old system has brought me many joys, new insights and favours. But it is plagued with damning flaws, and we must not let old times sake drag us down when we plan for the future.

Why be taboo about failures? There are times where it is more economical to let a system fail and build a new one from scratch, than to spend all those energy and attention in pointless perseverance just to keep it going.

With each failure you learn why it failed, you see its flaws. You open up, you are more absorbent to new ideas, and with prudence you end up with a better system. If you never admit failure, you'll never know your own flaws, and you'll forever remain with the same amount of flaws.

I look forward to greener pastures ahead, and bid goodbye to this charred, frosty mess of what remains of the old system.

No comments:

Post a Comment