Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Dead End
Think of a lab rat let loose in a maze.
Intricate and complicated it seems.
Lost in its internal complexities and uncertainties
What is certain is that there is an entrance and an exit.
And yet no matter which path the rat takes, it ends up at the same dead end.
There is no way to cheat or think your way out.
It is just a dead end.
Where has all that positivity gone?
Replaced by all that conservatism and restrain.
Hope is a good thing to harbour.
But it does not necessary reap the rewards we wish for.
I've recently heard someone said:
"Hope is the belief in something we cannot see.
But hope does not change the facts we have to face."
We cannot hope blindly and ignore the facts that at the end of the day we must contend with.
It is reality that rules the day, not just hope alone.
So we may hope.
But if we ignore the facts, no one can help us.
That brings me back to the dead end.
Hope (or in some cases, desperation) is what drives the lab rat to look for the way through.
It may hope that this path may be the way through.
But the fact is that it is not.
A dead end is a dead end.
No amount of hope can blast through a dead end.
And so what is the use of all that positivity, if not applied at the correct places?
In the end it will all come to a waste, driving the rat around a hopeless loop.
I'm not saying we don't need positivity, but it must be rational.
At the end of the day, facts are facts.
I'm tired of all that positivity that leads nowhere.
All that small hopes of things getting better.
But nothing is.
It still is.
Too early to reap the rewards perhaps.
It is enough of hopes and dreams dashed already.
Time for a little break from all of that internal positivity.
Maybe being a little more down to earth for a while will be good.
So many things going through my mind now.
Have this strong urge to splurge it all out to somewhere, or someone.
But who will be able to understand?
And even if they do, what use will it be?
Sympathy is not what I need, or want.
Only I can find the way through myself.
And if I won't do it, no one else can.
No one else will.
This is a lonely path I must take.
I can't help but to say, one can only hope things will get better.
We still need hope don't we?
Just that at places where we need them the most.
Things will turn out better, one way or another.
Just like the maze.
Many dead ends within.
But we do know there is an entrance and exit.
Someday, somehow, if you just follow one side of the walls, we will still get out.
It is just a matter of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment