
Life has somewhat turned peaceful.
Feeling at ease and contented.
Concerns of yesterday seem so far away now.
Not that they have been resolved.
But more like being placed so far away I can't feel their weight anymore.
Something in me changed in my recent sailing 2 weeks back.
I've met an old friend on board.
I've never had a more intellectually fulfilled 4 days of my life.
Indeed, whenever we meet, we say things that are dead serious, or just outright retarded.
It is like a friend I've never known before.
Something in me is unlocked.
Not something radical.
It has been there all these while, sitting somewhere waiting to be discovered.
I'd like to think that trying to get over something bothering us is like unlocking a series of locks.
It can be trying to get over someone or an event.
One must find the series of locks, and unlock them so they can be released.
The thing is, we don't know how the key is like, or where to find them.
Or even, where to find those specific locks themselves.
It seems to take a good measure of trial and error, and of course a great deal of suffering.
But we all get there just the same.
It is simple: we just need the key.
Something very essential to the whole matter has been unlocked.
This in turn set off a chain reaction that unlocked other locks.
Suddenly it all seem to be at ease.
A huge burden released and fell away just like that.
I'll always like to believe there is progress ever since the day it happened.
The day when someone believed to be beloved walked away.
But all the while I have been living in this suspended limbo.
I've locked myself in.
Now I can be set free.
Perhaps the first step is to recognize that we are in a state of limbo.
And to discover the nature of that limbo.
Finally find a line of reasoning to resolve it.
Sounds familiar eh?
Recognizing that we are locked in.
Finding the lock,
And finally finding the key to unlock it.
Now it seems, I am back to square one.
Just like the me exactly a year back.
But I have something I don't have.
I've learnt new lessons and grown that little bit more.
While it may not be much, things are definitely much better.
The old rule stands all the way:
Finding joy even when all seem hopeless.
It may SEEM hopeless.
But in truth it may not be.
We just haven't found the way yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment