We bid goodbye to 2010.
So what defined 2010 for me?
2010 will perhaps be one of the most important years in my life.
Its dynamism, highs and lows and great extremes.
In this year alone I've seen the greatest of joys, sorrows, peace and renewals. Many new ideas, some worked well, some just at the start and turned out bad in the end, but most never left the drawing board.
Many lessons learnt, and most of them will be hard to forget.
Plenty of hard times, some stretched for prolonged periods, but it is during these that I learnt the most.
People coming and going.
The great times, the greatest of times that slowly degenerated into darkness.
So who's right and who's wrong?
We may take forever to answer this question, but it is something I can think it out with a lot less urgency than before.
Maybe the importance of this question will decrease as time goes on.
Because what is done is already done. The doors are sealed such that they cannot be opened from either side.
Because hate will only bring us to dark places that sears us with pain whenever we try to understand what has passed.
I will miss the old times.
But I will not think of it forever, because that may drive me crazy.
So 2010 had been a great year. It made me a better person.
I will look forward with hope and optimism, to always look out for the best in every situation presented to me.
I only resolve to hold on to the changes I have made thus far, to understand their true meaning and place in my life.
Most of all, to not the mistakes of 2010 again.
We can't have everything in life. You gain some you lose some.
It is fair, after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment