It has been so long since I have the chance to think about what to blog. Book out weekends are always fast and furious. I try to do as much things as possible before its time to go back in again. Yes, I used to dread book ins, but there comes a time when we all get used to it.
It is always better to think positive than negative.
BMT life has been very enjoyable so far, with most of the credit for this going to my commanders. Its more like going to school than military service. They are like our teachers rather than superiors to us. They joke, talk rubbish and motivate us through these times. We are only punished when something really goes wrong, and they are reasonable about it.
BMT changed me. It set my priorities in life right. I now know what are the things in life that really matters. It made me stronger, gave me a stronger sense of responsibility and urgency. I procrastinate less, because at the end of the day it is I who lose out.
There are still many things I need to learn, but I'm glad things are going well and better for me.
I had my field camp last week. Without showers and the other usual hygiene comforts it was something radical for me, but it taught me many things. It taught me how to appreciate certain things we have always taken for granted. It taught me to keep my cool during tough times. I learnt more about people and how some behave when they are not in their comfort zone.
Now at the start of my 6th week in BMT I'm glad to say I've changed quite a bit for the better. There are still things to set right, and those will make me even better.
I still remember those times. Sometimes I even miss them, but they seem so distant now. Very soon they will be gone, swept into the vast background of memories...

No comments:
Post a Comment