Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: Hate Made Illogical

Photobucket



We live a busy life.
Things happen so quickly that we have no time to stop and think.
The amount of information we must process is astronomical.
Yet somehow we all did it in our own ways.
Some have better systems at processing this information.
Some don't.
But we all learn as we go along.


The last day of the year somewhat reminds us to stop and look back.
How has this year been?
What are the things I have learnt?
And perhaps those I have yet to learn?
What does it mean for the year that is to come?


This year has been relatively peaceful for me compared to the last.
I understood the value of peace towards the end of the last year.
And I attempt to live it out in this.
It was all building on the changes made last year.
The results have been good.
With this peace I have understood even more things.


Hope is the fuel driving the engine.
Looking at things with rational optimism.
I've learnt to select paths that have greater potential.
And that includes thoughts and ideas.


With hope one is motivated to see the big picture, and to find out more.
If it is not possible, at least we understand why.
That in turn makes it easier to accept.
If it is possible, then we can exploit its advantages to the fullest.
Failure or not, it is a chance to learn.


As I see the potential of the things I learn,
I also saw its inherent limits.
The concept by itself is sound.
It is us who often fail at perfect execution.
And at times we are only allowed one shot at it.
When it is gone, it is gone.
This apply to many things in life.


The more we see, the better we get.
It will either reinforce or correct the accuracy of our views.
Sadness and heartbreaks are but the price we pay for these lessons.
It was by being fools that we will come to be wise.


I end the year with great satisfaction, considering the progress so far.
And yet with that we also think about the things that can be done better.
People that we hurt along the way.
Why was it so?
What can be better?
And how the next year can be better?


There are things that we wish for a chance to make it right again.
And yet events are such that it is no longer possible.
I have to find the way to reconcile that within myself.
There is much to learn from this.
So that the same hurt will not be inflicted on others again.
As with all things dealing with emotions, it has never been easy.
But the more daunting the task, the more we learn.


Peace has made Hate illogical.
Understanding has made a fool out of Ignorance
I am thankful for what I have learnt this year.
I do not wish for a good life in the next.
But I do pray for the strength to face whatever that may come.


Welcome 2012.
And the next step in the journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment