
I have once dreamed of the great fireworks.
Those that dazzle the skies with colours and sparkles.
Loud noises that echo through the city.
Scenes that captivate everyone.
But why, I ask myself.
Is it really a quality in each of us to search for what dazzles?
Or is it because I don't want to be left out,
Because everyone else sought them?
Most define a good life as one filled with fireworks.
If there are none then it is potential wasted.
This as if on the premise that everyone is the same.
True, they are attractive and fun.
But at what cost?
Somehow I don't see what was as claimed.
It seems to be something that suits the masses, but not all.
So what is left after all that dazzle?
Is it all a barren wasteland,
Where the only hope is for when the next dazzling sight will come?
I think I can live without all that,
And settle for a more 'boring' life.
Where there are different priorities.
Things that are dull, but promising in the long term.
Just like the slow burning candle flame.
Dull and silent, pulsing in the corner.
But practical it is, giving steady light and warmth.
Doing its job without excesses.
Maybe I am tired.
What was old simply brought more troubles.
And the old troubles remained.
I can settle for better, I believe.
And the better might not necessarily be interesting.
I was brought here for a reason.
Either by my own design, or by circumstances I could not control.
And it is up to me to find reason out of a void of facts.
No comments:
Post a Comment